'Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live. At least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that... for one chance... just ONE CHANCE to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take out lives, but they will never take OUR FREEDOM!'

'Every Man dies, but not every Man really lives' ~ William Wallace, Braveheart

I think that many of my blogfans would have noticed, the second quote is a repeated one. But what really struck my mind today is the issue of quote 1 with relations to quote 2.

I have addressed a lot of issues on success and dreams till date, and today I would like to touch a bit on the issue of regrets.

There are many regrets in life, too many regrets that things would have turned out differently if we go back in time to set everything straight one by one. What can we do with all these regrets? Do we live in the past along with these regrets or do we carry on hoping that the future would lead us to somewhere. Today, we can run from our problems, we can try to bypass them with helps that won't be there all year round, but we can't run from them forever. As Wallace said, 'Run, and you'll live... at least for a while', we can't hide from problems forever. If there is a chance to rectify any problems, why not take it and face it? You may 'die' but would you rather 'live on' and regret it for the rest of your life? Then, would you be considered, towards the end of your life, to have 'lived'? Are you really living then? Or the difference between you and a dead man is just a six feet difference? I hope I have given my readers something to think about...

Oh yeah, well....., I'm not really looking this issue at a religious point of view, in case some of my fans may be compelled to view it at it this way. I understand that it will spark off a rigorously academic discussion on the issue of ... whatever... but then ... I'm not prepared to take my arguments to 'such a higher level' yet... okok, I admit... I dun take that crap, though I'm quite open minded to it. I believe that anyone who has walked the path that I have walked, and felt what I have felt without any prevailing biasness and beliefs... just plainly walking in my shoes, will know what I have been talking in my posts so far.

Till then, just an irrelevant quote to end off the whole thing:

'History is written by those who have hanged heroes' ~ Robert the Bruce

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity