Do you believe that you can fly?

I used to think that I could not go on
And life was nothing but an awful song
But now I know the meaning of true love
I'm leaning on the everlasting arms
If I can see it, then I can do it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it
I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar
I see me running through that open door
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly
See I was on the verge of breaking down
Sometimes silence, it can seem so loud
There are miracles in life I must achieve
But first I know it starts inside of me - R.Kelly

How many of us do believe that we can fly and touch the sky? Is it that there is more fun having low confidence? I know of a friend who have so low confidence in herself that she dun know what she wanna do and she dun wanna think about it. She starts thinking about doing things that she deemed lowly but yet suitable for her ability. She keeps saying that she regrets her previous decisions but then she never does anything about it. She failed to score in her tests not because she is stupid, because she is so low in confidence that she thinks she's stupid. Well, I think even a ... corporate social night shift worker (you know what I mean) has more self esteem and confidence than her. All her poor performance in school, from what I see, is all because she failed to believe in herself... she dun believe she can touch the sky.

That friend seems to be an isolated case but it's normally quite sad to see a friend coming down to such a stage. To allow environment and family problem bring you to the ground is certainly not something a normal human being should do. If you dun know your purpose in life, it's time to reflect. If you dun have a dream to live up to, it's never too late to find a dream of your own. If you find that you are low in spirit, believe that the sky is always there for you. If need be, look for someone who will listen to you. Look for someone who will reach out his hand, no matter who he/she is.

Honestly, why people would want problems in their life to stop them from believing? It should be the case that if you believe that you can fly, no problems can stop you. Rather than beacause there is problems, so you can't fly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity