If by faith

L ife
I nvestment
F aith
E xperience

Hmm...., to have a life.... what does it mean to have a life? Let's look at one scenario:

(Ne is sitting at the table by the Engine Bridge at NUS, reading his books and doing his tutorial. Hp passed by...)

Hp: Get a life, Ne. Dun keep mugging and mugging. Let's go for a hip hop party sia.

Ne: Life? What seems like no life to you right now is my LIFE, Hp.

Hp: What? You actually call mugging your life?

Ne: Just like you call partying your life.


I'm just being lame but not everyone defines life the same way. Does going out for party and hanging out with friends mean having a life? Does 'mugging' all day round mean no life? For me, having a life means living my life to the fullest, with what I have translated above.

L stands for love, and I'm not going to talk too much about it.

I stands for investment. Time is short and always against us. We hav to invest our time well, to make sure that whatever time we invest in will bring us rewards.

F for faith.... I'll move on to E first

E for experience. I think that combining love and investment, one's life can be filled with experience, not just playing of course, but the growth that one gets out of it.

For faith... I have only one thing to say, if you dun have faith in yourself, I dun think having faith in other things will make any sense at all. Period.

Signed off.

Note: Inspired by life, not by anything else

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection