Is there?

How to create misundearstanding? Wow, a question no one would be crazy enough to ever go in depth with. But today, since I have already established myself as a mad person, I think it's an interesting question that rose out of a casual discussion with one of my friends.

But I would like to touch on misunderstandings of the affairs of the heart. A lot of you all should have experienced something like this before: a person suddenly appears into your life and this person treats you so nice. In animal sense, there is two interpretations.
Interpretation A: This person treats me so nice, so I must be a god/godess. Interpretation B: This person treats me so nice, so he/she must be a god/godess.
In normal human sense, and I mean really normal human sense, there are two interpretations.
Interpretation 1: This person treats me so nice, so he/she must like me.
Interpretation 2: This person treats me so nice, but he/she is a friend.

There can be a lot more interpretations but to outsiders, it may be the case of of 1, knowing that human mind runs wild and imaginative when there is no need to. But before I go any further, let's go into the shoes of the 'treating person'. To him/her, it may mean two things.
Thing A: I like him/her, so I ought to treat him/her well.
Thing B: He/she is a friend, so I ought to treat my friend well.
Now match the two things and the two interpretations together, you will see that at anyone point, if the combination is not 1A or 2B, it will lead to a disastrous misunderstanding, as things ought to turn out. There would be a problem then between the two parties. But is this the kind of relationship we wanna establish? Could misunderstanding be avoided in the first place, given the same situation as per raised out above, ie, a combination of 2B. Of course it would be great if it's 1A. But does that normally happen? To me, it's a situation that seldom happens, since I'm mostly a Thing B though normally I'll get something like Interpretation A from some people, which does happen to me in a lot of occasion, though they are not based on any facts but just pure imagination.

But when it comes (no pun intended), it comes. There is no stopping, since according to great romantists, love is blind and irrational. I have only translated the feelings into mathematical logics (well, it seems to work). The problem today is how to let other parties know that about each another's feeling, assuming it's a situational mismatch, ie 2A or 1B. So far, I have not heard of anyone who can do it without hurting the other's heart.

Emotional human beings may be, rational human beings may seem, but what is this feeling that is eeking out of everyone's heart? A feeling which can destroy a world and yet make another. Do we really understand this creature of a feeling from the start? A question asked by many great minds of great ages. Today, I claim my place among these great minds, though I dun know who they are. Just kidding though.

Signing off from here. Stay tuned and I'll do an arnold here: I'll be back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection