I think you thought

Hmmmm..... I never used to think that the people around are so interested in my life, though I know that there are people like that, the ones I know so far have not been able to understand my life. Being interested in one thing but to understand it is another. I used to have a friend, or I thought he's a friend, like that. It is the lack of understanding of each other's life, I think, that eventually can break up a friendship. I dun mind people getting interested in my life, but I think there is a thin line between interested and understanding. If you are interested, it's okay, but if you think after knowing my life means understanding it, it's a long way to go. Sentiments can be understood but not life. No one can fully comprehend and understand another person's life. I think you thought who can confirm?

Today a friend asked me a very funny, or not very funny question: is there any girl who have caught my heart in NUS so far? The answer is of course 'no', but he commented that I looked so guilty and not like myself when I answered that. Funny reaction to a funny question. I was quite certain that the answer is 'no', but being an expert in the subconsicous, I think that is a subconsicous part of me, which has been kena strucked down by someone out there. But consciously, I say 'no', means 'no' and it's a final 'no'. I dun think there is a distinct possibility that any girl I know would struck that inner self so down. Sometimes I just dun understand why people are so interested in my love affairs. Hmmm.....


This term break has been productive and non-productive for me. I have finished all my readings for my essay but quite a large chunk has proven irrelevant to me, and I haven't started on that essay yet. Haven't studied for any test, and haven't done anything useful for my projects and presentations. And I didn't go out and hang out with friends unless you count in that supper on Wednesday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection