Face the truth

Just recently, I finally decided to face the truth, the truth that I am trying to deny for quite a long time. I do not know if I should, but I did, and I think by accepting the truth is far more reassuring to me that I am not confused. I think it can be really argued that I am trying to be too rational and logical for my own good and not following the direction which my heart tells me to pursue. No no no, this is not the truth which I decided to face, this is one of the truths that I have learnt to face a long time back, once before our time... if you believe in Plato's theory of Forms. Anyway, what I really think inside my mind is really none of other's business, and I really think that sometimes, people should not come and interrogate me for the way I do things. No again, this is not the one either... you have read too much on John Stuart Mills.

I really dun know how to phrase it in the way that I can safely publish it in this blog post. Maybe not and in the case if by the end of this blog post, I still can't think of the way to phrase it, I shall end the blog and not write anymore. How should I phrase it then? It's a matter of feeling, but to say that is undermining the level of truth in the 'truth'. I dun intend to tell the readers what exactly is it, but if I'm going to say it in this blog, I assure you that you will at least get a very vague answer at the minimum.

In the meanwhile, while I meditate about how am I going to say out the truth, I shall move on to a related topic. Today, one of my friends commented that human being is a rational and logical creature. I sorta agree and disagree with it. Why? I think that human being is actually an emotional creature which takes on a rational outlook. I cannot deny that human being is being ruled by emotions internally. Even the most rational man around has emotions and affected by emotions. Even the most logical man will fall in love and get overtaken by his heart's desire. I am not arguing that being logical and rational is not good. What will the world be like if everyone just let loose their emotions. Therefore, I assert that human being is an emotional creature, no doubt about that, but at the same time, it takes on a rational outlook and is able to control his emotion through this rational outlook.

I used to believe that being rational enables me to live on a more happy life than before. Then I began to see the point. We think with our brain, but we must feel with our heart. We have to feel inside our heart, and knows what our heart really tells me. It doesn't mean that I discontinue being rational about things, but it's just that how many times are we so rational that we forget to look into our heart? We ought to be a bit more '纯真' and touch our own heart when we are thinking about things... such as affairs of the heart.

I'm ending off the entry here, and right here, I decide to play a mystery thriller with the readers. If you manage to infer at least 50% of the truth I am talking about in the entire entry, I will reward you... that's if I can reach you. Till then, akan datang

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity