Lagging out

Lagging sia... Nowadays dun know what to blog about anymore... I used to think that I have a lot to blog about, a lot of philosophical thoughts to talk about..., well, of course I dun think I wanna disappoint my fans now also. So, after reading some of my friends' blog, I have decided to reproduce one of the posts for my fans' viewing pleasure... but of course, it may sound a bit disturbing for some of the ladies out there:

Before all you feminists out there (I don't care if you're female) start baying for my blood and screaming for my head, here's my justification why. For those who are prudish, I apologise, but anyway here goes.

Last Sunday's 'Sunday Times' carried an article detailing girls (note I use the word girls) prostituting their bodies for cash to buy the stuff they desire. What caught my attention was this recent case where a 14 year old girl had sex with several men and, get this, then blew the whistle on them to the cops. All the men have been arrested and I believe some of them have already been convicted.

And here is where I get incredulous. The girl gets away SCOT FREE! The guys get convicted and the girl, because she is underage, does not have any repercussions barring the loss of her virginity. She gets her moolah, the guys get the lockup.

Some of you might just wonder why I am getting so incensed over this. Well, let's just say I feel that something's not right here. These girls appear to be copying the 'enjo kosai' of Japan (also known as compensated dating), and it is obviously apparent that there is a legal loophole that has been exploited, and yet nothing can be done.

Of course, then there are those who argue that the guys got it coming. 'Serves them right, snigger snigger. I would never do a thing like that, snigger snigger.' Well, I am not out here to defend those guys per se; basically I am against the idea of treating women as playthings or as just an object to satisfy one's lust. But what is of paramount importance (and here is where I feel the loophole exists) is that the guys have actually paid for her services WITHOUT the girl declaring her age! Hence, the girl is guilty of deception, and honestly let's face it, when your sex partner tells you that she is underage when you are in the midst of sexual passion, it is really hard to jam the brakes (pardon the analogy). What is worse is that the girl who has so boldly solicited the exchange actually then have the NERVE to then call the cops and then report the guys for doing something wrong. I mean... hey... this isn't right! It's about the same as asking someone to rape you, and then calling the police to report the rape, portraying yourself as an innocent victim.

Some would argue that the girl already paid a heavy price; she lost her virginity, big enough deal. Problem is, with societal values being so lax nowadays, there is hardly any stigma attached to pre-maritial sex. Which is really wrong. In this case, the girl actually had a boyfriend who solicited the deals for her, and who by all accounts actually took her back after this incident! So who lost out? The guys lah!

Hence I say, it's time we revised this law. I do not dispute that young girls need to be protected from sexual predators. Heck, those guys should even be given heavier sentences as a deterrent to others to do the same. But I say that this law has already been exploited by girls out to make a quick buck. If they were really forced into this sexual encounter, why not report the incident and REFUSE to take the cash? Then it would perhaps be more justified as statutory rape. Otherwise, this law appears to simply harbor and condone young lolitas who think nothing of prostituting themselves for cash simply because they know that they can get away with it. After all, it is not them who are punished for it.


This is an excerpt from Robert's blog, thought it would be interesting if people who dun normally bother to click on my links to have a chance to read it. Well..., I dun wanna say much except for this: why should guys be treated such unfairly.... this is the 21st century already. Where there should be woman's right, we should not transgress the grey area... or rather we should look into that grey area carefully.

Okok, I think I should stop this discussion before I get overboard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity