Review time

I just got this tag in my tagboard:

stupid guy: hey, I don think being a social smoker mean no spritual life,and I don think I am stupid lor. Next I may not be a christian, but that does not mean I have no spritual life lor ok?


Well, I dun condemn smokers but I do condemn the act of smoking, regardless social or habitual. According to dictionary.com, smoking = To draw in and exhale smoke from a cigarette, cigar, or pipe. But a more accurate definition would be 'tobacco at one end and a fool (in which case I would like to call an idiot) at the other.' Considering the effects of smoking, it makes perfect sense to me, which is something smokers would never concede (show me a smoker who understands the health hazards he brings to himself and the people around him and still think that smoking is good for him). And dun argue with me that you are a social smoker. You smoke and that's the fact and you fit into my definition perfectly well, unless you wanna argue that social smokers are not affected by the health hazards brought about by smoking and do not affect non-smokers when they smoke. You can also try to argue since you are a social smoker, that does not make you a smoker, which may also mean that you can smoke in places where smoking is prohibited. Try telling that to anyone.

Also, when I mentioned spiritual life, I dun equate spiritual life with being a Christian. I dun know what gives this friend, who calls himself stupid guy, which I dun know why, the idea that this is what I'm talking about. Anyone who reads that post, Back with no vengence, carefully would have understood that I'm talking in a broader context and not refering to Christianity in particular.

Lastly, in that post, I specifically created the scenario to make a point, but normally, that is not the way people choose. In fact, I'm just using it to make two points. I don't know why this friend would take it at face value, though I know a single piece of text can often be argued to carry different meaning.

I hope more such comments come in so that I can clarify my points, cos I know I like to keep my points short sometime that I gloss over certain details.

Till the next 'stupid guy' tag, sayoonara

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity