It's crazy

Sometimes, you just dun know what is in store for you until the very end. You see, today, me and Robert were going back to school to do some stuffs. For him, it's returning of his library books and seeing if his honours room is opened or not so that he can get some of his project readings. For me, it's just getting back to school to get some readings in advance to see what's in store for me in the coming semester. We board the bus as usual, and alight at Ngee Ann Poly to take 151. To our amazement (horror?), 3 more 184 passed by us and no 151 was in sight. As a result, we decided to take 52 to Clementi (after 30 min of waiting) and just as we alight at Clementi, 96 drove away... We missed another bus, yeah. Finally we got on the next 96 and when we reached the school library, all the bins were full, which means that Robert could not return his books. Also, he received a bad new that the honours room was locked. Bad luck to the worst?

Therefore, being the positive looking duo, we decided to go to the canteen to settle our lunch first. On the way, surprises of all surprises, Robert met one of his friends from the masters students and it so happened that he got the key!!!! Whoaz!!! The timing can't be as good as that. Imagine this,if we had continued waiting for the elusive 151, or decided to go all the way to Clementi when we were on the 184, or decided to go for lunch first before going to the library upon reaching school, everything could not have happened. And wah la, he got his readings in the end. What a way to end off a seemingly unlucky day. Just proved that God's timing is not our timing.

Crazy? I have more.

It was 10.12pm in the evening. I got hold of my laptop and logged on to CORS. To my horror, the bidding details I see was as such:

GEK 1531 - Introduction to Cybercrime
Vacancies: 240
Bidders: 587
Next min bid: 400+++ (forgot how much liao)

Considering it was just 12 min after bidding started... Talk about being crazy. When I decided to go for women's health, I heard that min. bid was 500+++. What is this NUS world coming to???? I'm not ready to showhand yet. Maybe it's God's way of telling me that it's time to rethink about my choices. And I'll certainly rethink about it... seriously. I cannot afford to let my cap score drop, which in that case will be a disaster!!! I think I'm stressing myself up but it is the expectation I'm putting upon myself. So I have no complaints and I'm gladly willing to take on the challenge.

So... till I got my mod, I'll leave it at here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity