River Hongbao

I just returned from the River Hongbao Festival. Saw the fireworks there.

When I reached that place, we saw something. There were a huge crowd of 'fortune tellers' there, quite a lot and they take up quite a huge portion of the carnival. A lot of them put on this notice: No need to talk and I can foretell your name. If inaccurate, no need to pay. My mum decided to try one of them and that guy, after taking measurement of her palm, took out a pile of cards with a lot of chinese characters on it and asked her to look for her surname. She couldn't find hers, but that guy gave her a slip of printed words anyway... which was superbly... inaccurate. I know cos when I read the last line, I immediately knew that it was disgustingly wrong. The last line said that she will have 3 children... she only has 2 and given her age, how can you expect her to conceive again?? Well... just for fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection