Wasted life?

Well, I have not been deceived by charm, but I write again.

Before I start, I will like to share this quote from somewhere:

I don't want to get to the end of my one and only life and realize I've wasted it.


Probably everyone wants his or her life to count for something and to matter; there are certainly very few people who want to waste their lives. I have seen some, not that I haven't but the traits are sometimes quite subtle and one of these traits include smoking which I had my say already. But what does it mean to waste your life? And what does it mean for your life to count, to matter, and to be meaningful? Really, both of those questions boil down to this: Why do you exist? What are you here for? Well, for this, it's up to everyone of us to find out. I have found out mine, and for those who know me, you will probably know what I am talking about. But how about the rest? Well, good luck to you.

Then, I saw one verse from my Daily Bible Verse:

What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? - Mark 8:36


Well, to put it in a broader context, I would say that what use would you have for all your wealth and possessions if you have to give up yourself, give up your heart in the end? We strive to have more possessions and more wealth (I used to be that way) but then, do we really wanna call these successes? So what does it mean to be successful? I believe I have given my own answer above. Good luck to those who are still looking for their own answers.

I had an interesting lecture on nation building in Singapore. Today, we asked about what does it mean to be a Singaporean? And here's one which I think it's particularly funny:

If I say to my girlfriend let's apply for a HDB flat, she will immediately know what I am talking about.


Well, funny is as funny does. People can find out for themselves what does it mean to be a Singaporean. In any case, till I write again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity