ACTS in action - spirit and water

'I will never become a Christian, and I'll never open that Bible to read what is written.'


That's what I used to say to everyone a few years ago.

'I entered NUS as a non-Christian, and I will leave NUS as a non-Christian.'


This is what I told my friend a few months ago.

'Oh man, if there is really such a God, please make them stop talking.'


That's what I secretly prayed when people shared Christ with me a few months back.

'I believed in You and I want to receive You into my life as my Saviour today.'


This is what I said 2 months back...

Around 8 months back, on the 26th of June, marked the beginning of my incredible spiritual journey, when I got to know a bunch of people... whom I didn't expect will become my spiritual brothers and sisters one day. But the walk was not an easy one, at least for three who were constantly reaching out to me, trying to open my heart so that I can hear the calling of God.

And we 'ran marathons in cafes and fast food restaurants'...

27 Nov, we ran a short one at NUS Mac from 9.30am to 1pm...

4 Dec, we ran a longer one at BPP Mac from 8.30am to 1.30pm...

10 Dec, we ran the final lap from 7.30pm to 9pm at Nexus...

In between, we had 'short sprints' and 'slow jogs'... at Blk 163 coffee shop...

In between, I went for a few services here and there, not more than 4 before 10 Dec... and each time, I appeared not because I want to know about Christ, not because I want to know God, but because of other external reasons... such as celebrating birthdays...

In between, I hang out at NUS HQ at Engine Bridge with them... and once I was even mistaken as a Christian (before 10 Dec)...

In between, I studied with them at E1A classrooms in preparation for exams...

Unconsciously, I was attracted to their community...

Unconsciously, I got drawn close to them without realising it...

Unconsciously, my heart was opened up...

24 Nov, the first thought of God in my life emerged...

Unexpectedly, I began to start thinking seriously about receiving Christ into my life...

Unconsciously, my answer gradually became from a straight 'no' to a 'I'll think about it'...

3 Dec, first time I was challenged directly to receive Christ, I was told that all the ingredients were there but I still had to take the step of faith...

4 Dec, I was directly challenged again...

10 Dec, I was once again directly challenged to receive Christ...

10 Dec, by this time, God has became so real in my life...

10 Dec, by this time, I could no longer deny the existence of God in my own life...

10 Dec, I took the step of faith...

10 Dec, I recited the prayer...

10 Dec, my life shall never be the same again...

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
- 2 Corinthians 5:17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection