Acknowledgement & Recognition

Many a times we look around us, and ask why aren't we being given the attention that we ought to. More than often or not, we look at the person at the stage and ask why we are not the one standing up there. Quite often, we read the newspapers, and thought that what we have done deserve the headline. Usually, these are the reasons why some of us like me, choose to write blogs... so that we can make it up to the headline for being the most controversal blogger around.

All these boil down to the fact that we want attention, we want acknowledgement from people, we want their recognition, we want people to see what we are doing, we want to outdo the rest of the people...

It all revolves around ourselves.

It all centers upon ourselves.

And some succeed and some fail.

But some miss the entire point.

It's not about other people.

On the 18 Dec 2005, not long after I received Christ, I was on board a bus heading towards Genting Highland. I was sitting alone, away from other people at the back, but I was there not because I wanted to, I was allocated that seat. So by chance, I was thinking about exam results, NOC, YP, and stuffs along that line. Then I realised, it dosen't matter how much people look upon me. It doesn't matter how people see me, how much attention I get, and how much recognitions I have. It doesn't even matter if I manage to make it into the headline as the potential PM candidate (though I pray that might just happen one day). All I have realised is that God is watching me all this while and He keep tracks of what I have done. All I need is the One and Only's recognition and acknowledgement. That alone is enough. Cos His attention alone is enough to comfort us, cos I know that He is faithful and He will always be there.

The reason why I choose to write this is to remind myself to put down all pride and take up all humility and be willing to serve God and others whenever I am called for. It also serves to help to comfort me if I feel that my efforts are sometimes in vain and remind me that He is watching and His recognition alone is enough to surpass all acknowledgements from this world.

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity