Flection of the week

It's Tuesday and I still have not recovered from the fatigue of the night cycling. Seems like my body charges a very high interest rate for borrowing on sleep time. Even as I type this, I can feel it, I can just drop onto my bed and enter the dark abyss of sweet dreams.

I was looking at the weekly wisdoms. It wrote there: Your level of living depends on your level of giving. How incredibly true is it. Indeed conventional wisdom tells us that the best way to live our life is to keep everything for ourselves. This is actually reflected in our educational system, where we see a lot of students in the secondary schools and primary schools jealously guarding their own knowledge in the hope that they are able to outdo their peers. However, God clearly says otherwise:

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
- Galatians 6:7-9


Quite true indeed. A man reaps what he sows. Quite clearly depicted, the amount of love, patience and kindness we show to others will affect the reciprocal. In short, this asks us to really give into the lifes of others. Indeed, we ought to. As I reflected upon this, a particular verse comes to my head:

In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven
- Matthew 5:16


And this one too:

Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
- Galatians 6:10


So, sort of quite hit me. It seems as if God is speaking directly into my heart as I begin to think about this whole issue of giving.

Therefore, my conclusion is the same as Christnote. Giving into other's life and actively seeking to bless other people can only serve to benefit ourselves, other than the others. Perhaps this is one area which I must continue to grow in, apart from other aspects of my life.

Anyway, I found this defendyourfaith.org. Enjoy:

A man went to a barber shop to have his hair and his beard cut as always. He started to have a good conversation with the barber who attended him. They talked about so many things and various subjects.

Eventually, they discussed the subject of God. The barber said: "Look man, I don't believe that God exists."

"Why do you say that?" asked the client.

"Well, it's so easy, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God does not exist. Oh, tell me, if God existed, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be no suffering, or pain, or so much evil. I can't think of loving a God who would allow all of these things."

The client paused in the discussion, he didn't want to respond in a way that would cause an argument. The barber finished his job and the client went out of the shop. Just after he left the barber shop he saw a man in the street with a long hair and beard (it seems that it had been a long time since he had his hair cut and he looked so untidy).

Then the client again entered the barber shop and he said to the barber: "You know what? Barbers do not exist."

"How can you say they don't exist?" asked the barber. "Well, I am here and I am a barber."

"No!" the client exclaimed. "They don't exist, because if they did there would be no people
with long hair and beard like that man who walks in the street out there."

"Ah, barbers do exist," said the barber with a smile, "what happens is that people do not come to me."

"Exactly!"- affirmed the client. "That's the point. God does exist, what happens is people don't go to Him and they do not look for Him. That's why there's so much pain, evil, and suffering in the world."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity