Easter - Jesus is alive

Hallelujah, Jesus is alive.
Death has lost its victory
And the grave has been denied


When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus' body. Very early on the first day of the week, just after sunrise, they were on their way to the tomb and they asked each other, "Who will roll the stone away from the entrance of the tomb?" But when they looked up, they saw that the stone, which was very large, had been rolled away. As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed.

"Don't be alarmed," he said. "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter, 'He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.' "
- Mark 16:1-7

For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.
- 1 Corinthians 15:3-8


It's the Easter Sunday. Easter Sunday is the day Jesus resurrected. It is The Day, not the day you ask your father the passage which mentions the Easter bunny in the bible.... by the way there is no mention of Easter bunny in the bible. It is the day of mankind's salvation. His resurrection means one important thing, it means to those who believe in Him and receive Him into their life, death will not have a hold on them. By death, I mean spiritual death, in case there is some misunderstanding. It means that, whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. It means a lot of things. It means what I have been writing in this blog. I can build up a huge case for Easter, but I think I'll just leave it.

Yesterday, I attended the YP 20th anniversary rally. I must say I was quite inspired by the stories of the new candidates. The PAP manifesto was also released in the rally, in front of the media. Honestly speaking, I was quite impressed by the manifesto. At the very least, it sounds more credible than the one of Worker's Party. I won't want the WP to take over the government, as their manifesto doesn't sound alright to me. As everyone would know, I hold the view that governance and politics should not be entrapped into political theories and should be adjusted according to suit the situation and ground of the time. As such, I strongly believe that opposition is a totally irrelevant entity in Singapore politics if they are constantly not faced by the pragmatism of the time and always hub on certain issues to make their case and do not deal with more immediate problems which face the residents of the constituencies they are contesting in. I will also say that voters who claim that the PAP needs opposition in the parliament to check their power and that the self built-in opposition does not work at all are just simply entrapped in the belief that a democracy should have opposition in the parliament. This, as a result, made these people vote for opposition for the sake of voting for opposition without taking an objective look at the opposition and the PAP as a whole, because they believe there should be an opposition. I can talk for more, but I shall not torment my readers, (who may happen to opposition supporters for the sake of being one) a great deal of arguments why one should not vote for the sake of voting, which equates into an abuse of right to vote.

Anyway, this is Easter Sunday. It's the day we rejoice, the day we are reminded of God's love for us, the day we are reminded of Jesus's defeat over death. Sometimes, this also reminded me of the burden God has for us. And inevitably, I often felt the burden for myself. Around me I can sense so many people calling out for God. People who experience so much hatred, experience so much sorrow, experience so much emptiness, experience so much loss, experience so much confusion. They need God, I can deeply sense that deep inside their heart, they are calling out for God. God is who they need. And because of Easter, it becomes possible for God to draw near to them. It is now possible for them to experience God personally.

Experience Love, experience Easter, experience God.

Do you want to believe in Easter?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection