Come back

After a long break, it's time to update my blog once more. A lot of things have happened for the past few days... most of them in my mind actually. Physically, most of the time, I was playing games at home and attending CG, sub-d, and services. I managed to buy a few books to read but sooner or later, I would have to buy some more to satisfy my thirst for knowledge. Honestly speaking, I'm really feeling excited about the coming months. NYF... maybe so if I get selected but what's really exciting will be the upcoming matric season. Whoaz... how exciting can it be to know more new people. How exciting can it be to be a senior once more?

I just recently finished this book called 'Twelve Ordinary Men' by John MacArthur. This book basically talks about the twelve apostles whom Jesus had personally taught so that they could be the early church founders and leaders and the vassals of God to preach the gospels to the world. Essentially, the gist of the whole book is this: God is able to use anyone from anywhere and any background to fulfill His plan on this world.

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last.
- John 15:16a


Basically this verse talks to every single one of the believers. We did not choose God, it's God who chose us and pursued us and touched our heart so that we will follow Him and fulfill the plan He has for us and fulfill the purpose we are made for. It is quite amazing to even think about it. In fact, just by looking at the calling of some of the apostles, it's already quite amazing:

As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." At once they left their nets and followed him.
Going on from there, he saw two other brothers, James son of Zebedee and his brother John. They were in a boat with their father Zebedee, preparing their nets. Jesus called them, and immediately they left the boat and their father and followed him.
- Matthew 4:18-22

As Jesus went on from there, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax collector's booth. "Follow me," he told him, and Matthew got up and followed him.
- Matthew 9:9


I sincerely believe that He has a purpose for everyone of us in this earth and that He would not let anything happen to us for no reason. He called us for a reason just like He called Peter, Andrew, James, John and Matthew. I just recently read some notes from Christnotes, in one of the weekly wisdoms that whatever happens, there are always two sides of the story, the story which we see and the story which God sees.

As such, sometimes, God will make us make difficult choices in our life. Although I know that His plan for me will propsper me and not harm me, sometimes, difficult choices are just... so difficult to make. Certainly there are a lot of sacrifices and there is the cross to take up for whoever who wants to follow Christ. A lot have been given up and I expect God might even ask me to give up some more things for His sake.

Anyway, that's all I have to write now. Anyway, DVC the movie is coming out soon. In view of the coming, I may start up my historynotebook blog soon, with a writeup on history gone haywire. In the meanwhile, stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity