Some thoughts today

But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth
- Exodus 9:16


Somehow or rather, although I have read this verse sometime ago but the verse just keeps getting stucked in my mind. Maybe it's cos I have been struggling with the inertia that I felt recently towards my work with God. A few chapters before that, God has this to say:

Moses said to the LORD, "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue."

The LORD said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD ? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say."
- Exodus 4:10-12


Well, reflecting upon my past, I was not as confident as I looked to be a few years back. Back then, it was quite an introverted me as to say, and I think when it comes to interacting with people, I think I have the tendency to turn to my introvert side as well. But this verse sort of really encouraged me a bit and lifted me a lot. If God can use someone like Moses to accomplish great things, then anyone can be used by Him, it just depends whether we have the guts or not.

Right in the midst of the Alpha currently is the World Cup. I'm not sure which team is set to win this time, but Germany and Brazil looks set for another final showdown... either one of them will be in the finals. Spain looks in good form, and plays quite well, as compared to recent years. As for my fav team, France, I think maybe next time. Or maybe the next time France will be out of my list, if Thierry Henry is not longer playing. I didn't come to like France because of him but I can't imagine a France after him. As for England... forget it... I would anytime bet my money on Togo than England. The only decent players in the whole England team are Ashley Cole and Steven Gerrard. Ashley Cole because he's an Arsenal man, Steven Gerrard cos I think he's the one who is pivotal to England's midfield. Besides, a team which thought it can only be great with Way Looney can never be great. Argentina also looks good, after the 6-0 thrashing on Serbia, maybe we can see a showdown in the final between Argentina and Germany or Brazil and Argentina. Holland looks exciting and sounds exciting but then, I would prefer Argentina.

In the meantime, sleeping. Oh Lord, I pray for the people working for Alpha. All the best to all. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection