Finally

Finally, after a night of frustration and hanging and cursing (this part is a joke), I'm finally able to log into this stupid blogger server to write something. It's one thing having writer's block, but it's another when you have the inspiration and the server just refuse to budge and let you in to write to your heart's content.

I was actually reading Joshua the other day when I came across this particular verse:

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
- Joshua 1:9


What striked me even more is that in just the first chapter of Joshua, the reader was told by God to be strong and courageous for more than 3 times. It was quite a strong reminder, especially when the new semester is coming and when we will be out in the field reaping the harvest for God. I'm sure it wasn't a coincidence when I found this verse when I was having PnF yesterday:

This is what the LORD says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's.
- 2 Chronicles 20:15b


Then I suddenly remembered and searched for this verse:

The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still
- Exodus 14:14


And I decided to search for similar verses in the bible and found:

Now then, stand still and see this great thing the LORD is about to do before your eyes!
- 1 Samuel 12:16


Be still, and know that I am God
- Psalm 46:10a


I was like... whoaz... I felt as if whoaz... esp when I read Psalm 46:10 at the end. It felt as if God was leading from a simple verse to a climax. And yeah... be still and know that He is God, the almighty God. Upon reflecting the message, I think what God is trying to tell me is that He will fight for me, I need only to be still; for the battle is not mine but His. How true the revelation...Given the illness that had taken me down for the past few days, the incoming semester which may be the most stressful of the three I have experienced, not to mention that it's a time of harvest, I think in times of overwhelming responsibilities, we will need to be still and let God do His work in us. Whoaz... it was quite a refreshing moment even as I think of it now...

In any case, recently there was a new blog started up by our very dear Pastor Jeff. Here's the address: http://jeffchong.blogspot.com. Quite amazing to see people around starting their own blogs. But recently, it seems that there hasn't been much update as such (and I'm one of the guilty ones). Among the lists I have, only a few are worthy of me clicking in because of the frequent updates. There are some which have been gathering dust for ages...

I think I'll stop here for today. Need to rest... and be still.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection