I wonder how, I wonder why

One rainy afternoon I was driving along one of the main streets of town, taking those extra precautions necessary when the roads are wet and slick. Suddenly, my daughter, Aspen, spoke up from her relaxed position in her seat. "Dad, I'm thinking of something." This announcement usually meant she had been pondering some fact for a while, and was now ready to expound all that her six-year-old mind had discovered. I was eager to hear. "What are you thinking?" I asked. "The rain!" she began, "is like sin, and the windshield wipers are like God wiping our sins away." After the chill bumps raced up my arms I was able to respond. "That's really good, Aspen." Then my curiosity broke in. How far would this little girl take this revelation? So I asked... "Do you notice how the rain keeps on coming? What does that tell you?" Aspen didn't hesitate one moment with her answer: "We keep on sinning, and God just keeps on forgiving us."

I will always remember this whenever I turn my wipers on. In order to see the Rainbow, you must first endure some Rain. Hope the water flows when you get the picture.


Another story from Shuyi. A good story in fact. I just wonder how many of them out there realise that we can never stop sinning until God gets rid of sin itself...

But the Israelites said to the LORD, "We have sinned. Do with us whatever you think best, but please rescue us now." Then they got rid of the foreign gods among them and served the LORD. And he could bear Israel's misery no longer.
- Judges 10:15-16


This is one of the most intriguing verses I have read from the QT the past few days. Indeed, our Creater, our Lord our God is a merciful God. I especially was strucked by the last line. Indeed, it is His grace and mercy that He sent His one and only Son to come down and die for us. I just wonder... how many out there realise that too...

This is the first week of school. History lectures have been interesting. After reading the film and history readings, it all lay down to my interest in history narratives and representation of historys thru different sources, or historiography in short. World history is also an area I'm getting an interest in and I enjoy the debate I have online so far. War and society is the one which really started the motor running with the ever History Lecturer in the history dept - BPF, to kick start the mod, I felt that I just can't wait to be started. And I realise that I tend to link everything I study back to history, and that's what happened in my technological innovation when I started reading about Google from the readings.. it's basically the history of technological innovation, thru the case studies, only with more technical details perhaps.

In short... it's going to be an exciting semester with God once more. Getting ready to study, eat sleep and read with God once more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity