Break it through - let's draw blood

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Philippians 4:6-7

My son, if you accept my words
and store up my commands within you,
turning your ear to wisdom
and applying your heart to understanding,

and if you call out for insight
and cry aloud for understanding,

and if you look for it as for silver
and search for it as for hidden treasure,

then you will understand the fear of the LORD
and find the knowledge of God.
- Proverbs 2:1-5


There are so many things which I want to say but I can hardly type out my thoughts in this little blog of mine. I want breakthroughs. In a whole lot of things. In spiritual growth, in leadership, in outreaching, in studies, in almost any other thing I am doing under the sun. And I know God has been providing me with opportunities and most likely, more of them to come. The solution I have thought out of in order to achieve breakthroughs, after some thoughts, some preaching in service yesterday, some verses that came to my mind as you can see in the beginning of this post, is to come into partnership with God, cooperate with God and let God brings me to where He wants me to be. After speaking with Ben today, I realised that at best, my passion for Christ has been largely confined within the comfort zone of the church environment and I was quite disorganised when it comes to what I am supposed to do. Perhaps last time I should have known it but the whole thing didn't come alive to me until now, just when God is inspiring me to achieve breakthroughs with Him.

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God
- Mark 10:27


And the first thing to achieve spiritual victories in breakthroughs is to draw blood, literally I went to draw blood yesterday. Donate blood to be more exact. My first time doing a blood donation and I must admit, it was quite a pleasant experience, saved for the frightening sight of the needle in the beginning. Exxon Mobile is really cool, they actually offered us (me, QP and YT) unlimited drinks and refreshments, and they gave us a goodie bag, with our photos printed and framed, and a soft toy (which I gave to JD) and some chocolates as well. To 'draw blood' in the beginning of a spiritual campaign of breakthrough, it's just amazing... too bad it's gonna be quite a while before I can draw blood again. For now, it may be 'drawing ink' though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection