Give Him all

Are you tired of chasing pretty rainbows?
Are you tired of spinning round and round?
Wrap up all those shattered dreams of your life
And at the feet of Jesus, lay them down.

Give them all, give them all, give them all to Jesus
Shattered dreams, wounded hearts, and broken toys.
Give them all, give them all, give them all to Jesus
And He will turn your sorrows into joy.

He never said you only see sunshine,
He never said there would be no rain.
He only promised a heart full of singing
About the very thing that once brought pain.


- Give Them all to Jesus


I was just recently practising this song with the guitar, all thanks to Weizhu and KC who had kindly taught me how to play the way it should be. Sort of fit into my very own breakthrough campaign for God. Excellent and extremely fun to play on the guitar.

Today we had a tertiary usher team 1 outing. First time going out with this team of incredible God loving people, certainly a great time to know all of them all better, especially Shunrong, Shihong and Joella. Really had a great time sharing with them and hearing them share more about their stories. A pity some from the team couldn't make but then it was fun climbing the yellow route of Bukit Timah Hill. Photos will be out soon, if I managed to get it from someone, maybe over the rainbow.

The reason why I am typing this post at 1.25am in the morning is precisely because I cannot get myself to sleep. So decided to take some time to talk with God, and do a bit of catching up with Him, and some late night/early morning QT. I was reading 2 Chronicles 6-10, and as I was reading, just somehow amazed me. 2 Chronicles 6 saw Solomon praying to God and somehow, the prayer was pointing to Jesus. It didn't sound so obvious at first, but Solomon was referring to the temple he built, and apparently, it seems so prophetic, that he asked God to forgive the people's sins if they turn to the temple and pray for forgiveness. Tell me, isn't this pointing to Jesus already? Well, it sounds to me, yes. So just felt so comforted by the passage and somehow 'refreshed'. All come down to God's reply in this:

if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14


As for now, I'll stop here and draw first blood!!!!! In any case, have to go off to fight finish off the Tet Offensive of 1968 and make sure that the political defeat of the U.S is settled without any dispute... highly unlikely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection