Idea of a relationship

I was listening to my brother's conversation with his girlfriend yesterday... (honestly, the stubbornness/innocence/naivety/stupidity/idiotry/whatever you call it, amused, annoyed, and astonished me, as my brother kept on repeating the same thing to her over and over again on the phone. Then I started to think about the nature of their relationship, and the kind of relationship that best described them, and the kind of relationship that I will wanna have with regards to how I view the relationships around me. Then I started thinking about the time that we ought to commit into relationships.

Without a doubt, we ought to commit time into relationships, otherwise it would be a waste of emotional effort. However, how much time is enough? I dun know, but from what I observed in that obscured corner of my room, both parties should not try to monopolise each other's time, and try to argue that each should spend 'enough time' with each other. Ultimately, we have to acknowledge that we are not each other's possessions. Then so how?

Then I think, it's not about time spent together. It's about the common time and moment spent together. It's about spending time together to do something that both enjoy, the best time for me is to be able to spend time together with my future partner in serving God. It's about having each other's time together doing the things that we know we both wanted to do most.

It's definitely not about wanting the other half to do what you want to do most and later do what the other half alone want to do most.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection