My strengths

Just now during shepherding, Ben asked me about intra-personal intelligence, and asked me what are my strengths and weaknesses. I was quite stunned by the questions, the first part, rather than the second part. I have been constantly reflecting about my weaknesses so it seems that I can readily sprout off some weaknesses of mine. But it took me quite a while to think of the top 2 strengths that I have as a person:

1. Dare to speak out
I dun know how much of a strength is this, but I realise that I speak a lot, and I speak out when I feel the need to, although sometimes can be a bit insensitive. But I speak out my thoughts a lot, and I realise that in HQ, I seem to talk a lot, in class, I seem to argue a lot, even in forums, I post a lot. So this seems to be a strength of mine.

2. Perseverance to work for what I really want
I think this seems to be a valid point, esp for the latter part of my academic life, from JC all the way till now. Studies have been one area which I have proven that when I really want to, I can work really hard to get what I want. Another area is in the area of guitar playing. I started guitar a year or so, and now I'm playing for the cg (yea~) at least for praise. I knew when I started learning, I wanted to improve as a guitar player and be able to play bar chords readily, which I managed to achieve a few months ago, which in turn changed my guitaring life. I also made a breakthrough in my strumming, being able to strum through feelings. This is yet another area.

The main point here is that, it's time I start reflecting upon my strengths.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity