A great Saturday

It was a good Saturday yesterday.

The afternoon gave a me a big scare. Apparently, something cocked up in the NUS server and results were released prematurely. Everyone began checking their result and Kian Choon actually called me to complain that he got a B+ for his film and history. I was praying then and before he called me in the midst of prayer, I felt a sense of uneasiness. So it was he who has to unsettle me... Well, morning I had already got a scare when Robert called me to ask me for my result.... And I decided to make a trip to Mac to log online to check out my result also. I was praying to God, not to let me go through this at this stage.... and I think He answered my prayer. The NUS website took forever to load and I decided to give up and live and let live.

The afternoon service was also a good one. We see a lot of visitors, in the cg and in the whole unit and in the whole NUS. I sat beside this guy, he used to belong to Hope and he was in the same cg as Jessie and apparently he has had some issues with God. I was observing him all the while in the service, and I think I made the first challenge of my life when me and Jessie invited him to come back to God. Apparently this kind of decision is not easy, since he admitted to us that his heart has hardened... It's definitely not easy to come back to God in this way. And it will take time for the heart to be softened enough. However, it must be quite sad. Perhaps the saddest thing we can ever see in a person is that we know that this person knows the reality of God and has known God before, and yet at this point of time, he has to live an ambiguous existence to both deny God, and accepting that He is real. Perhaps, it's like Peter, who needs God's forgiveness after denying Him.

I think the climax of the day would be the makan trip that we have planned to go as a pre-Christmas celebration. Me and Xinying were the host for our bus. And we had fun doing the hosting, although it can be quite draining. I have to admit that doing hosting like that needs a lot of honey, needs a lot of energy, needs a lot of enthusiasm, needs a lot more voice than the bus. Jan was commenting that they wanted to get a meter to measure the loudness of our voice =P Games were fun and I know that the people enjoyed them, as much as I have enjoyed myself. In fact, when Ellson smsed us to thank us for hosting, I think both of us were just being ourselves (not easy also). Maybe we have the gift of 'ra-ra' and 'hosting'... if there is such a gift.

There was a skit put up by some of the brothers and sisters also, on the bus. It was followed by Swee Leong's testimony. Indeed his testimony has been encouraging, and quite relevant to our visitors also. It was a good way to end off the night.

We accept man's testimony, but God's testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. Anyone who believes in the Son of God has this testimony in his heart. Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
- 1 John 5:9-11


Whatever it was, each testimony is a testimony from God to man, and indeed, SL's testimony last night was a testimony from God (it's even accompanied by a shooting star).

The night ended with a long walk to clark quay to take the NR3. It was a good night. The minced meat noodle at Bedok North was really nice. The popiah at Chomp Chomp and the sticky rice were also not bad. Although I didn't get to really sit down and enjoy the fellowship with my cg as a result of my responsibility as a host, I think I have enjoyed the night. Hosting is fun, though the preparation can be quite tedious and bothersome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity