I'm shocked

I was looking out to my kitchen window just now when I was having a hot cup of milk. And I was surprised that there was a pasar malam out there in the opposite block. I have not seen the set up for the past few days. It's either I have not looked out that window for a long time, or it just happens. It has been raining cats and dogs for the past few days and I didn't expect that there was to be a pasar malam.

By the way, the rain has made the climate so cold that I didn't even need to switch on my air con in the night.

And I was listening to my brother's conversation with his girlfriend again. It's not to say that I like to eavesdrop on his conversation but then, what do you expect when you are living under the same roof with someone who chooses to stay in his room (which you happens to share) to talk to his girlfriend on the phone while playing his FM2006. Upon his phone conversations these few days, it was inevitable that I'm getting a bit judgmental on his girlfriend (I declare this beforehand, before someone emails me again regarding judgmentalism). Knowing my brother, the kind of tone he used on the phone sometimes, really betrayed his feelings. He's trying desperately to accommodate her, and she is sometimes being unreasonable (I'm being inductive here). Sort of trying desperately to keep the relationship going. It's not to say that I'm saying their relationship is ending, or getting bad, but you can see that the honeymoon period is over. Honestly speaking, sometimes, it chilled me to think about his girlfriend. I dun mean to malign her here (anyway no one knows who she is and I know she reads my blog or at least has been into my blog before), but I think there ought to be a limit by which one tries to exert control over a relationship. So what is the meaning in the relationship like this.

Seeking meaning in relationship?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection