Not in vain

I was very disappointed just now in the afternoon when I left my house. Apparently, Yanwei and Eric did not manage to make time to come for the Christmas special, which turned out to be very good, exceeding all my expectation, but then... what do you expect, it's God, you know.

Then, God reminded me of this verse:

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58


I meditated upon this verse for a while. I realise that our labor for the past few days will not go in vain, cos nothing, no labor that we have put in the Lord, in God will ever go in vain, if we continue to stand firm, and allow nothing to move our hearts. The main thing is that we need to continually give ourselves to His work. I seem to be paraphrasing the verse, but then, it's true. Maybe the seeds that we planted we may not be harvesting them, but as long as someone harvests them, our works are not in vain. I am a walking testimony that the labor of some brothers and sisters has never gone in vain. Just now in the evening, I witnessed another fruit from the past labor which has not gone in vain. We have a brother who has rededicated his life to God. He was the one I mentioned a few posts ago. I was privileged to be beside him when he rededicated his life. This I think we have to thank God.

GIVE GOD A BIG HAND, man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity