One Man who can change the world - part 2

There is something that I felt that I have not elaborated well in my previous post and I hope to elaborate more about point 3,as it has been an important point that I have gained from the session yesterday and to mention it in just one sentence would not do any justice to it.

Basically, 100% input from man and 100% input from God. What does it mean?

Let's put it in a simple perspective. We need to be saved and reborn of the Spirit. God has already put in His 100% by sending down His One and Only Son (watch Nativity Story). But we on ourselves need to do our part also. We need to believe and confess with our mouth that Jesus is Lord, before the whole 'contract' can be worked out (John 1:12, Romans 10:9).

Put it in the other perspective: Holy Spirit Baptism. When we pray for someone to be baptised by the Holy Spirit, we do our part by praying and interceding, God provides His Holy Spirit for the baptism, but it still requires the person to be baptised to cooperate and open up his mouth. See, 100% from God, 100% from man.

Put it more in a personal experience. I prayed to God that I wanted good results for my studies. On my part, I do my studying and my best to get the results. God will, on His part, provide the result in His timing. See, I have to move before God moves.

I also recalled QP's job offer. She prayed for a job in HR. But the job can't possibly appear out of nowhere. She went out to look for the job, and God made sure she gets the job.

In short, it means we put in our best, God will also put in His best and do the rest. In the bible, certainly, there is no instant where anyone can get any result without solid action on his part. David certainly would not have become a great king if he has not stand up and stand out for God, by fighting the battles He wants Him to fight. The Church would not have started if Peter and gang decided not to stand up and preach the gospel of Christ. Noah would not have survived the flood if he has not obeyed God and build the ark. There are many more examples, for us to discover.

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
- Matthew 7:7-8


As said from Matthew 7:7, we have to ask first then it will be given to us, we have to seek first before we find, and we have to knock first before the door opens. All these requires us to make the action on our part.


Also, I forgot to mention one point from yesterday. In Hebrews, the word 'know' literally means experiencing. Henceforth, in the Old and New Testament, 'knowing God' literally means experiencing God, not just knowing Him through intellectual means. This teaches us an important experience. Normally, people who enjoys great relationship with God sought to know God through experience, not through knowledge. Knowledge is there to act as platform, but we can never exchange experience with knowledge. We dun see Abraham, Noah, Moses, David and gang needing to read books such as 'Who is Jesus' or 'Christianity 101' or whatsoever to know God. They know Him through experiencing Him. This also explains why just knowing the bible, knowing the gospel, the nativity story and the passion story would not get us saved. Because that does not equate to knowing God in the end.

Anyway, I really pray that I can further experience God in this Christmas season. And I know I will. Cos even at this moment, I can feel that God is already answering my prayer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection