Farewell

We had a farewell for cg last night at Yizhong's place, for people like me, Ziwei, and Yuantao who will be moving to another cg, led by Michelle. This post shall contain my extended last words (words which I haven't been able to speak out last night).

Indeed, NUSA3... this is the cg which I have grown up in since the day I received Christ. The day I came in, it was only QP, Christine, Edwin, Jessie, Robert, Rueyfeng and me. Later, Yishyan came to know Christ, followed by Ziwei who came in from the youth. After that, this cg grew, and I mean it really grew. We saw Shuyi, Lishan and Ashleigh joining us, after Robert and Rueyfeng moved on (although Lishan and Ashleigh later left the cg to add strength to to the others), we saw Yuantao, Ceyang (sensitive though but I still wanna remember that moment), and followed by Yizhong coming to join the cg. As I spent the past 1 year in this cg, I have grown to fall in love with this cg. It becomes sort of a spiritual home for me.

Jessie mentioned that I have grown exponentially, but it was only possible because this cg is like a key peg that allows a key like me to fit in completely. In essence, this cg is dynamic and not passive. It is very spirit-led and all of us enjoyed each other's presence and the fellowship time together. And I really fall in love with this cg. Emotionally attached, to simply put it.

We had QP as an excellent careleader. I think my presence in this cg wouldn't have been possible without her, since she was part of the incredible trio who persevered to bring me to know Christ. And my growth would not have been possible without her too. Though her expectations were generally high, but under her, I found that I really grew a lot. Thank God for her as a CL, and lucky the cg which gets her as CL.

We also had Christine, whom (thank God for that) I managed to get a preview of as CL. Last night she led the cg, and I believe it might as well be the one and only time I see her lead the cg. A privileged moment indeed. This is a sister whom I had worked closely during the Alpha period, and after that period and last night, I was quite encouraged by her, as I know that this cg she'll be leading is in good hands. (wow, she really gives me a totally different feel, but you know that she's up to the job).

There's Edwin, the only brother in the cg other than me, after the 'big exodus of the graduates' in May. This is one brother whom I have served with quite closely since the Alpha and our relationship really grew during this period of time as we shared incredible moments together, taking care of CY together, and reaching out to friends together. As we now go to different cgs, I can only lament that we will have to start all over again building up the brothers in the cg. Indeed, it was not easy that the no. of brothers rose from 2 to 5 at our peak. We were that close in balancing the ratio...

Makes me think of Jessie, the drama mama of the cg. Perhaps the one sister in the cg whom I enjoy having fun with, acting around, with all her jokes, not to mention currently the only guitarist left in the cg (sorry, I'll be in my new cg playing guitar). Certainly someone I will miss.

There was also Yi Shyan, part of the 190 gang (and still is). This is one sister who has brought joy to the cg since the day she received Christ in the pre-Easter service. Over the past few months, her growth in God and her child-like faith has been a constant encouragement to us, to me as well.

I almost miss out Shuyi. This is a sister whom I have known since the days of Total War. This is one sister whom I enjoy working with a lot (probably cos we have the opportunity to do so). This is one sister who certainly has a heart for God and God's people. And since she joined the cg, the cg certainly has had a new outlook (dun know why, but somehow it just took a new outlook). Certainly going to be big factor in the cg.

And lastly is Yizhong... I was really glad when he rededicated his life back to God on 23/12/2006, and I'm really encouraged by his growth and desire to follow and learn God's word. And I'm sure he can grow to be a good support to Christine... especially since Edwin is going to move on soon.

As I leave the cg together with Ziwei and Yuantao, I pray that this cg will continue to grow. It is a pity that I cannot stay on in this cg, but I know it's a necessary good (as contrast to evil) that the three of us need to move over to support Michelle and add strength to the new cg. I will miss the weekly cg and the times and moments together. We will still see each other though, and I shall not let the fact that we are in different cg affect the relationships.


So... this is the final farewell. I will miss you guys.

And enough of farewell speech. Now I will concentrate on thinking how to better support Michelle in helping her to lead the cg. The restructuring reality will take a while to sink in but it's time to be focused on what is needed to be done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity