Why


We rode into town the other day,
Just me and my daddy.
He said I?d finally reached the age
And I could ride next to him on a horse
That of course was not quite as wide
We heard a crowd of people shouting,
And so we stopped to find out why.
There was that man that my dad said he loved
But today there was fear in his eyes.


So I said, Daddy why are they screaming?
Why are the faces of some of them beaming?
Why is he dressed in that bright purple robe?
I'll bet that crown hurts him more than he shows.
Daddy, please, can't you do something?
He looks as though he's gonna cry.
You said he was stronger than all of those guys.
Daddy please tell me why,
Why does everyone want him to die??


Later that day the sky grew cloudy
And Daddy said I should go inside.
Somehow he knew things could get stormy.
Boy, was he right! But I could not keep from wonderin?
If there was something he had to hide
So after he left I had to find out.
I was not afraid of getting lost.
So I followed the crowds to a hill where I knew men
had been killed,
And I heard a voice call from the cross


Chorus 2
And he said, Father why are they screaming?
Why are the faces of some of them beaming?
Why are they casting their lots for my robe?
This crown of thorns hurts me more than it shows.
Father, please, can't You do something?
I know that You must hear my cry.
I thought I could handle a cross of this size.
Father remind me why, why does everyone want me to die
Oh, when will I understand why?


My precious Son, I hear them screaming,
and I'm watching the face of the enemy beaming.
But soon I will clothe You in robes of my own.
Jesus, this hurts Me much more than You know.
But this dark hour I must do nothing
Though I've heard Your unbearable cry.
The power in Your blood destroys all of the lies.
Soon You'll see past their unmerciful eyes.
Look there below, see the child
Trembling by her father's side.
Now I can tell You why,
She is why You must die. - Nicole Nordeman


Sometimes we ask a lot of questions, a lot of why, why why and why. But a lot of people may like to ask why is it that people want to so-called 'preach' to them about this person called Jesus. Nothing better to do, is it? A lot of people may like to think why is it that people dun like to respect other people's religion and remain silent and stop talking about Jesus. They may say, 'aiya, them again arh? I know these people lah. No respect blah blah blah.'

Yes, we ask a lot of why. Have you ever asked why Jesus died? The answer to the questions above is only one. The answer to these people is the reason why Jesus died. It is the reason why Jesus died that compelled me to keep talking about Jesus in this blog, in my life. It's Jesus. Why He died? He died because He loves me. Jesus loves me, He loves you, He loves you who is reading this blog right now. I am the reason why He must die. Oh my heart is in despair...But this is a fact I have to face, and I will face it, because He died for me and He didn't die so that I live a defeated life.

Indeed, friends, if you are always asking why do I always like to talk about Jesus in this blog especially, that's the question the 'me' 2 years ago is asking too. I found the answer. Have you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity