Finding the grace of Jesus

I just read a newspaper article recently. A university student in Thailand got herself gang raped, and she contacted AIDS as a result of the incident... and in order to get revenge, she set herself up in the streets and began sleeping with guys all over the place... and they got infected with the HIV...

I was shocked by the news, and it's not very often that I got shock out of the sizzly news in the nighttime newspaper. It sets me thinking about the whole incident. A sin was committed to a girl and in turns led to more sins and sufferings. One might be even be tempted to think, where is God in the end? Where is He when all these happen?

I can only turn to the grace of Jesus. The answer that I found comes from the grace and mercy that was shown on the cross. It's not an easy way out, but it's the answer that I found at the first instance. In times like this we can only hold on to the grace of God. I believe that this girl needs no condemnation, she needs grace. The 60 plus guys who got AIDS because of her need no condemnation, they need grace.

If only they found the grace of Jesus...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection