不能说的秘密



“Follow the notes upon a journey

At first sight marks one's destiny

Once the voyage comes to an end

Return lies within hasty key”


刚看完周杰伦的那部电影 - “不能说的秘密”。 就如淑仪所说: ‘是一部好电影’。

为何如此说呢?

I was stunned at the end of the movie. Well, true enough that I have already known what happened beforehand in the movie, but the effects were really great. I thought that Jay Chou is really good in his piano, especially the part before 黄秋生 started playing guitar, cos I could really feel his sadness through the music that he was playing. But my take is that no one can appreciate the emotional tension of the twist towards the end without understanding the first part of the movie. Indeed, the first part is a normal love story, but I thought it was quite a good story. Dun know why, but I strongly feel that the first part is not just another storyline. I think Jay managed to turn a seemingly simple love story into an incredible story, and this must be seen in the lens of the first part. The audience would not be able to understand the emotional trauma faced by the 2 parties, unless they fully comprehend what is going on. But the interesting part lies in the fact that this can only be achieved in the final third of the movie, when the secret has been revealed, as the audience realises the twist, that they will be able to understand the first part. In a sense, it sounds like a cycle, and it may well be.

I thought I could feel the pain of 叶湘伦 when he lost 路小雨。

I have been very attracted to music since I took up the guitar 2 years ago. Thanks to that, perhaps I am able to better appreciate the emotions displayed by the music played in the movie, although I still have to consider myself novice to the pieces. In a sense, I was really impressed by the piano playing, and it has been a regret, since a few months back, that I have been unable to learn the instrument from young, and it may be odd for me to learn it right now. Not much use for me though, and I would rather concentrate on improving my guitaring.

如此精彩的一部电影

一出感人肺腑的故事

I couldn't agree with the way the relationship developed between the two protagonists, though. Nevertheless, I thought it would be quite fun being in that guy's shoe. Fun it may be, but not the way to go about doing such things. It is in my conviction that as touching as this story may be, it just shows me that teens love story may not be desirable. After all, if you are involved in a love triangle... well... something I had hoped last time, but now I would rather avoid.

Anyway, I was thinking the style of this movie is rather similar to one of his MTV - ‘你听得到’ - which features a 'mobile phone angel'. Storyline definitely not similar, but style looks highly suspect.

And one last thing... contrary to what pokey Yuhui suggested, I truly feel that the ending itself is a nice one. Think one has to watch carefully to the ending.

Definitely a good movie for a new director.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection