Few weeks back

Now that I have some free time which I have no idea how to use, I guess I can spend some time blogging down some thoughts or whatsoever.

This is the fourth week of school, and I just had a strenuous week previously, so tiring that for the past two days, Sy has been commenting that I look tired. No doubt, life back in school is tough, even when I'm taking only 4 modules. TR3002 is heavy, and that is the reason why I was so stressed the previous week. MNO2311 is relatively easy, and since I was going to S/U that module (just decided this morning when I saw who my group members are), it's not really an issue. HY2237 and HY3241 are standard HY modules, though I found out that I probably need to do some additional readings for both of them to gain some substantial groundings.

On top of all these, I realise that CLship in the Uni ministry is not easy after all. It was already not easy as I learned the trade during the long break. It's even less easy when school started, and with the realisation that I have to consider the timetables of all my cg members. Certainly, time management becomes more of a growing concern, as I also need to take care of my own needs. I found that I still need to hold on to Matthew 6:33 as I find that I need to take on more ownership and responsibility for the cg, and I need to consider the growth of the cg as a whole. It comes to the realisation that I can no longer run around just being concerned about my own spiritual growth. Life is not made any easier as I see new people joining the cg. And what I see is that God is continually molding the cg. To me, it's another phase of my walk in God.

Ps Ben talked about 'endangered species' last week, about an endangered species of 'godly men' in a world where morality is being continually compromised, and people who refuse to compromise are increasingly 'isolated' spiritually, emotionally and culturally.

Help, LORD, for the godly are no more;
the faithful have vanished from among men.
- Psalm 12:1


I sort of identified with that person, as Ps Ben preached from Micah 7:1-7. The main issue lies with compromise, that we are increasingly compromising with things which we are not supposed to compromise, take for example, living with your girlfriend/boyfriend before getting married, ie. cohabiting. I see in my life each day that people going along with the flow of the crowd without considering what is right and what is wrong. The common mentality nowadays is that what the crowd does must be right. But does it really mean so? And I often see too, that people normally treat themselves as exceptions to their compromises, thinking that the negative consequences of their compromise would not happen to them. I myself have been guilty of such compromises too. Sometimes, I just need to take a look at my house and I can see evidences of such compromises. Sometimes, it feels so bad that I cannot do anything about it, but can only stand and see things unfolding in front of my eyes.

And I can only find victory in the cross, as I always find.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection