Weekend at Pasir Ris


This is the entrance of Chek Jawa at Pulau Ubin. As can be seen, no cycling.


This is Pulau Ubin when the sun is setting and as we leave the island after a beautiful afternoon.


We were on the boat back to Singapore mainland. This is Hongdao looking out to the big sea.


This is the jetty...


After Pulau Ubin, we went back to take a quick shower, before heading to Bedok North Blk 85 food market for a grand dinner.


The gang of MACHO Turbo brothers who attended the chalet. Namely (from the left), me, Hongdao, Wenjiang, Swee Leong, Eng How, Benaiah, Bowen, Zhengzhong and Weilong. Guanrui is the one taking the photo, that's why you can't see him.


This is me and Guanrui.


This is me, hongdao, Guanrui, Zhengzhong, Bowen and Swee Leong doing some spastic actions.


Us again doing some less spastic actions.


This is Ubin when the sun is setting. Like the other one.


A view of Chek Jawa...



Us walking through the mangrove pathway.


Us trailing on a dirt track in Chek Jawa.


More picture of us trailing the dirt track.


More mangrove walk....


Somemore mangrove walk....


Even more...


We are still seeing mangrove....


Still seeing....


Coming down the viewing tower...


Going down the viewing tower...


A view of us from the viewing tower....


More picture of us near the viewing tower.


This time with Guanrui and without Benaiah.


Going up the tower... mostly in fear.


A view of Chek Jawa from the viewing tower.


More views....


Even more views...


More views.... more viewssssssssssssss


Seaweeds exposed during a low tide...


Swee Leong kena saboed. Got his bike stuck in a mud track, and people just can't help taking photo of this unforgettable moment.


Going or coming???


The viewing tower from the bottom.


Here's more view of Chek Jawa from the tower.


More views of the sea....


Jurassic Park anyone?


Just water....


I have just taken you through a disorganized sequence of part of the Macho Turbo chalet over the past weekend. It was surely an unforgettable experience with the brothers.

In fact, for me, the chalet already started during the service. The service last sat was a great one, namely because of the sermon. Ps Jeff preached from Hebrews 11:23-27 about the leaders God will use. At the end of the sermon, he called for people to respond to the challenge of rising up to be core team or cl. It was a touching moment, as half of my cg responded to the challenge. Honestly speaking, I can't ask for anything more from the cg. It defined my weekend, albeit some concerns within the group itself.

The chalet began with a rendezvous at S11, after which we proceeded to cineleisure for a time of casual gaming, before proceeding to Geylang for supper in a VAN!!! We praise and worship in the van, despite the heat. Wonderful.... I will never forget that we sang and sang. We literally brought JUMP to the van. After the supper, we proceed to the chalet at PA Pasir Ris. We met some people from the SYFC there, they approached us after seeing us playing the guitar. Incredible!!!

Day 2 saw us waking up and participate in yet another time of impromptu praise and worship before we had a time of QT together and sharing of our thoughts. After lunch at Changi Village, we decided to go Pulau Ubin for cycling, that's why the photos. Chek Jawa is a lovely place. I would love to go there again, when the tides are low enough.

The night was the highlight of the chalet, esp the part after dinner, when we went down to Swee Leong's place to watch soccer. Man Utd won Chelsea by 2 goals... which is a pity. We also shared some of our thoughts towards the developments of the brothers and male leadership in the ministry.

The main theme of the weekend, according to God, seems to be on leadership. I have to confess that in my heart, I was really hoping that my entire cg would respond to God's call to rise up. I never make it a secret to my cg that my vision for them is that most of them would go on to rise up to become core team or care leaders. The rationale for this is simple, it's for the long term growth of the ministry. I have been saying that I want to see the NUS100 fulfilling. This is easier said than done. I told YA the other day, assuming NUS100 is being fulfilled, it will mean there will be about 14 cg with about 7-8 members. That will mean 14 care leaders will need to be risen up, plus 14 x 2 core team members, a total of 42 leaders and shepherds in the ministry. That exclude the 4-5 unit leaders that we will need in order to lead the ministry effectively. I hope that I can infect my cg with this vision. And I thought that Sat's service was a good one. Perhaps it's a sign from God that I'm walking the right path.

The more difficult part of this vision, of course, is to challenge people to start take up the responsibility and start taking care of people and the groups. More than often, I must say that our priorities are pretty screwed up. If not for God, if not for Jesus, then for who? But if people do not see the value of what we are doing, then how can they be challenged to rise up to the occasion?

Lastly, I think the chalet has already breed an openness I have never seen before among the brothers. This prompted me a song I have learned yesterday during guitar lesson



Verse 1:
Search me know me Try me and see
Every worthless affection hidden in me
All I'm asking for is that You'd cleanse me Lord

Chorus:
Create in me a heart that's clean
Conquer the power of secret shame
Come wash away the guilty stain of all my sin
Clothe me in robes of righteousness
Cover my nakedness with grace
All of my life before You now I humbly bring

Other:

Chorus 2:
Create in me a heart that's clean
Conquer the power of secret shame
Come wash away the guilty stain of all my sin
Clothe me in robes of righteousness
Cover my nakedness with grace
All of my life before You now I humbly bring


I have a lot of thoughts but I will share them another time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection