New look



I have reformatted my Linux twice the past few days, and finally I got the look I want... though I must say, I'm still exploring the new look. I have yet reinstalled my old files into the system since Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon is going to be released in a few weeks time.

But now, a new look, I have installed avant-window-navigator which suddenly works fine in my laptop. Finally I got a cool dock in my desktop. For effects, I have turned to compiz-fusion instead of beryl, particularly since compiz has already merged with beryl, and compiz-fusion is going to be the next big thing. It has a lot of cool effects such as:



I have placed my bottom panel at the side, so that it will not interfere with the look of my awn, but I'm still thinking whether should I delete the panel altogether or not. I'm still using gaim, though my brother recommended me aMSN, but the version for Linux still looks a bit crude for my liking.

I also changed the gtk theme so that the whole thing looks like xgl, although I'm using the gnome window environment. I'm still waiting to see what is the overall effect of these alterations in my Ubuntu, but so far, I like it a lot. Once Gutsy Gibbon is being officially released, I will change, and restore all my files back.

Oh, did not I mention that this time round, I have learned to allocate 2GB of space for my swap... man... I'm still a noob in Linux, but at least now, I am the one to ask about when my friends want to know about Linux.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity