Modules 2008

Surprisingly, this semester marks an easier time than last year trying to bid for modules. So here are the modules that I have gotten:

HY3240, Making America Modern: 1 points (preallocated)
HY4205, War and diplomacy in Early Modern Europe: 1 point (preallocated)
HY4209, Imperialism and Empires: 1 point
FNA2002, Managerial Accounting: 1 point
FNA2004, Finance: 1 point

I least expected 1 point for HY4209. Taught by Brian Farrell, my favourite lecturer, I thought that I would not get this module this semester. Then I realised at round 2A that it is available for bidding. Thank God that cos it's an honours year module, I can only bid it in 2C. At the beginning of 2C, there were 7 bidders for 4 slots. Minimum bid was 2100 and above. Maximum was 2400 something. I decided to bid for my time. Waiting till close bidding, I showed hand all my 3000 plus points in. Thankfully, at close bidding, there was 4 bidders left in the competition. Eventually, when I returned home from movie, I got the result and I was glad. Finally I see Farrell again.

FNA2002 and FNA2004 are 2 modules that surprisingly has no competition, I lest expect some. Good that I get them for one point, which means that I can take Investment Analysis and Portfolio management next sem or next next sem, depending whether I have enough points.

This also marks the first time I take 2 honours year modules. See what God can do this time round.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity