ACTSCalibre

I should have blogged this earlier... but weeks of busyness and stuff delayed this post. In fact I have not been posting for quite some time due to what I am about to blog now. To give the context, here's when it all started:



It all started one normal evening at Raffles City Burger King, when the four of us came together to decide what kind of matric orientation will we plan this time round. And I ended up with this:





Now let me reveal the wonderful journey of ACTSCalibre for you, from the viewpoint of an OG member from the INDIA og of ACTSCalibre and not from the viewpoint of the Operations Head of ACTSCalibre. Well, this og officially met up on one particular sunday, of which the date isn't exactly important at this point, at Cenotaph, the World War I memorial. To sidetrack a bit, I am deeply amused by the memorial but that's for another time. And so the og met up for the first time here:



And there you have. India og. The ACTSCalibre is an orientation programme organised in the spirit of YOG, so we all take on the name of a particular country (with no apparent controversy) and medals were given out after each event (which is not very funny for me). We basically walked through Chinatown, eating expensive Italian chocolate cake, Sarawak Kolo Mee, walked through Bugis eating expensive Taiwanese food, walked through Orchard eating Turkey ice cream and expensive Japanese bento, walked through Little India without eating anything. Oh well, I shall not reveal our ranking for this event... but man, we had fun. I did not join in the dinner after that as I had a post event meeting after that, I know in my heart that this is fantastic og.... and it got better a few days later.



It was boardgame showdown I and II, on the wed and mon after that. Well, I wasn't able to be with the og much that two days due to the heavy admin responsibility that I had those days. But I can see that the og like the games a lot. I was talking to Zelanie the other day and was quite surprised that she likes Apples to Apples a lot. While deep in my heart, I felt that we dun need to win the boardgame challenges, but of course, I was a bit disappointed that we didn't gain anything from the event. But did we? Of course we gained friendship. And there comes the Unleashed sport challenge. We did have a chance with the Captain's Ball, but I was too shagged at the end, and I think Joseph was good in catching and defending the ball. In any case, we were competitive with Captain's Ball nevertheless.

Saturday after that came the Hot Wheels challenge. It was a challenge all right. Cycling round the circuit was not very easy to begin with. Nicholas and Mun Yeng fell and had serious injuries which have not healed till this day.



And of course, I just felt totally shagged out after that event... actually maybe even before the event starts. But after that, it was preparing for the camp. Each og has to prepare a flag and this was our flag, good artistic talent from Zhixin:



The camp took place from 27 to 29 June at NTU. The first day was a normal day, the teams just come in to enjoy themselves, relax and finish up whatever they have not finished up for their flags, also settling some accommodation stuff as well. The night was the opening ceremony. I have no pictures but videos for this. Not going to upload it now. Cos a bit lazy. But I especially want to mention the treasure hunt after the opening ceremony. It was good, though I did not participate. I ended up taking back all the barang barang from the Hall 8 function room back to Hall 5. I jaga the stuff there, then I saw the people.... FROM INDIA!!!! Whoa, I was so excited. Finally, our first gold medals. We entered this camp being the only og without gold medals. Well, it's a good way to start the camp.

Day 2 was a day of frisbee, sports and team building activities. As usual we had a chance with frisbee but the rules worked against us... too bad... and team building activities was fun, though I must say, yet again, I wasn't with my og much of the time during team building. The night saw a variety show and the finals of the boardgame challenge. It was a normal night, but I had fun interacting with the people in the og, as it was a rare time when I had the time to quietly walk back to the hostels from Canteen A with them.

Day 3 was another day of activities. There was alternative sports in the morning and mass water games in the afternoon. I didn't participate much in the water game, though I must say that I was assaulted by unexpected people, like Jia Zhen and Ci Yuan, who poured down water at my back.... The closing ceremony saw us being titled the most persevering og for the whole ACTSCalibre. Well, we ended up with 4 gold medals, which was pretty much a big jump from before. And oh well, the night ended with a lot of cheers and a lot of feelings and emotions. *What say you say I say?*

Overall, I have to admit that I have gained quite a lot from this ACTSCalibre, especially new friends. Though I wasn't there a lot of time, I managed to click with the people. Somehow, is it because I'm just that charismatic??? Just joking. But it is miraculous that I managed to find time to hang out with the og despite my huge profile. For this I think it's just that the og rockz. OG with people like Shuyi, Nicholas, Zhixin, Angelina, Zelanie, Lee Yang, Sida, Harry, Michelle, Priscilla, Mun Yeng, Daphne, Connie, Sze Meng, Jia Zhen and Ci Yuan.

Yoz... India is the most persevering OG in ACTSCalibre!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity