Nearing to the examination

Everyone's excited. Practically everyone in Singapore here whom I have talked to and have followed the US election is excited. Why? Obama won by the landslide. I was in lecture when Dr Quek was showing the live results from time to time. Moment after that lecture ended, Obama won. And I thought that was fast. Talk about a swift victory. In 15 minutes, he rose from 200 electoral votes to 300 plus.... Yet, amidst all the hype, although it's good riddance to Bush, it remains much to be seen in Obama. Winning election is one thing, doing your job as a President is another. LBJ, Jimmy Carter and George W. Bush have been examples of this. I reckon that it will take another few months, till April next year to better assess the Obama administration.

In planning and celebrating birthdays for people for the past and the next few days, God has just told me to continue show unconditional love. It's a bit difficult to do that. I need to admit. But today has been a satisfying day. I'm glad that we can celebrate JZ's birthday. Seems that everything went well the evening.

Now examination is near. I have a few more assignments to go. Have just been enrolled into the special module on the economic crisis.

Certain thoughts that I have thinking about the past few days, but it has been difficult to pen it down. The first issue is about faith and fidelism Christianity. The second is postmodernism and Christianity. The former I think I will be posting something soon. I hope that it will materialise soon. The latter, I'm thinking of organising what I have learnt and see what we can make up of postmodernism and Christianity. This is a topic that has recently sparked my interest. I realised how much related postmodernism is to Christianity, when read at the right sense. More extreme postmodernism tends to be a bit too extreme and unrealistic. Of course, the issue is about how much philosophy is there to be applied and taken in. Something I will be posting soon also.

Jiehui asked me on how we can apply what we have learned in our Christian lives. As I think I have argued in other posts, history forms the foundation of the Christian faith. I mean the entire Christian faith lies on the fact that Jesus died and resurrected some years ago. This is recorded in the gospels itself. As Paul said, if this is not true, then our faith would be futile. So, a firm knowledge of historical methodology and historical narratives, on how historians work and assess historical documents can help to firm up our understanding of the bible and the historical truthfulness of the bible. I will talk more about this too when I talk about postmodernism.

In the meantime, I need to sleep....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection