Toward the end II

It's after Christmas and now approaching the new year. We just had a splendid Christmas service at The Rock and our first uni-YA service at KYMC. The cg saw a new convert and a few more to come, in faith, in the next coming weeks.

I was looking back at my own spiritual journey for the past two years. Why two years? Because my journey as a spiritual leader physically began then. I was asked today what was my feelings when I rose up as a leader in the group.

Here is a trustworthy saying: If anyone sets his heart on being an overseer, he desires a noble task.


This is a passage from 2 Timothy. I was thinking back and realise that all along since my conversion, I have set my heart on being an overseer. Perhaps that was normal with my own upbringing and my own experience in my studies and such. But my experience with my first cg (the previous NUSA3) had convicted me that I want to rise up as an overseer. I remember writing in my own private blog to God, after a particular sharing by Mun Kong about leadership, that I want to rise up as a CL. That was a month or so into 2007. I gave myself one year for God to mold me and prepare me. Now looking, do I have any regrets about being a CL?

One of the most rewarding thing as a CL is to see your cg grow in their relationship with one another and most importantly of all, in Christ. Seeing so really makes you feel that all have been worthwhile.



Now now, here's a picture of my lovely cg.



Brothers in the house.

Lately God has been speaking into my life for a lot of things. I have also been reflecting on my own personal journey as a church usher. Now I have to floor manage for service and it has been a long way. To think that I have thought of leaving ushering once before, and now I want to fill in the gap that the uni usher is having. Church ushering has been fun and challenging but it allows me to really take ownership of the service, something that I want to, because I want to take ownership of things that I belong to.

Well, have been trying to get rid of my mental block recently and my high inertia of posting. Hmm... next time perhaps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity