The old has gone - New Year Review

The time has come for me to review my past year and to think about the new coming year.

January
Basically nothing much really happened in January other than my birthday celebration. Except for one detail - that the cg was undergoing some testings and trials and crisis, or rather it was the beginning of it. I also managed to get my first 2 lvl4000 modules, which was quite ok.

February
Eventful month. I got to go for field trips with Farrell to Malacca and Sarawak, although I have to miss DCLTP camp in the middle of it, which was quite regrettable. It was fun in Sarawak, saw the results of many years of missionaries in the villages and managed to cross over to the Indonesian border. Also found out that I got into the dean's list as well. CG wise, it was quite a scary month as I needed to do a lot of adjusting to the new situation in the cg. Had a bit tension here and there also.

March
It was a time when I had to deal with a lot of stuff. Matric. I was in the main comm for matric, which was quite a blessing for me. Involved in the planning of matric for freshmen. Got assigned the role of operation head, which was certainly not part of my gifting. The networking session that we had with freshmen was also something that we tried for the first time and it was pretty successful, though it was some last min planning involved.

April
This was as usual a normal month with a lot of deadlines and preparing for exam. Towards the end of the month, there was also Chi. Chi was a very cute kitten... and I hope she still is one cute cat. Nicholas also entered hospital during that time, halfway through his exam. Well... it was a good thing for him, though it worries the hell of everyone who knows him.

May
End of exam and start of matric. But first up, it was uni camp at St John island. It was the first time that I lead the cg alone for a camp, though I had the assistance of Shuyi. As Mich and Bo were busy with the camp, I also took on a temp leadership for the unit also, though it was just a role where I simply looked out for the rest of the people. We definitely grew closer as a cg during this camp, as we got to know one another better. Following that was a full fetched effort to matric or now called the ACTSCalibre. It was a new experience for us as we never held such a big scale matric event before. It was also the forming of the new YG group in church also. Also ran the sundown marathon.... which was really a challenge.

June
Beginning of ACTSCalibre and a hectic month that stretched into July. Lee Yang, Zelanie, and Vanessa joined the cg. It was the beginning of a new phase for the cg, now looking back. The dynamic of the cg and the unit itself was going to change from this point on. Met a lot of new freshmen and friends along the way also.

July
The matric camp!!! And of course preparing for the new semester as a honour student as well. Jansen joined around this time also. For more info, refer to my previous blog post in July on the ACTSCAlibre...

August
Freshmen coming means that I'm getting older... Have to start facing that fact that I'm graduating soon. Start hanging out in the history honours room and began to do presentations with a lot of classmates. Particularly, I got to work on this project which deals with Christian historiography with a group of Christians and I have to admit that it was a project, yet again, driven by prayer. But having and knowing classmates is something I enjoyed and have not seen for some time. Also saw the birth of the SMU HQ, which is something I think the people there treasure a lot. I also got the cg to sit down and think about how to drive the cg forward, something that I think drove the cg even closer.

September
September is fun as I got to go for the HK LC. It was like nothing I have experienced before. HK was a fun place by itself, add in the spiritual elements and the brothers and sisters there. I came back from HK a renewed and refreshed man. It was definitely good because I was touched by God there, with all the sermons and teachings. It was the beginning of the famous 'cg forfeit' videos also, with the first posting of the chicken dance video. I dun know why, but ppl like Jansen and Lee Yang and Zel seemed to enjoy cg game a lot....

October
This is a relatively quiet month, except for the short interlude at Redang, meeting the brothers and sisters from Hope Ipoh. Redang was a nice place but the fellowship was fun and God-centered. Got to know quite a number of good friends there as well.

November
As usual, getting hectic. A lot of birthdays in the month of November for the cg and unit. Also starting to see people preparing for exam. Exam classroom is filling with more life, and it was the time that I have to realise that someone needs to take over the mantle to be the COS of the classroom as I will not always be there to chope the classroom for people. But other than that, it was good. No Chi, but a lot of fellowship and late night jammings.

December
After exam, down with stomach flu and have to start working on my HT. Working towards Christmas also. Managed to find a part time job with believermusic which pays. There was a cg post-exam party at hanes and a unit christmas party at nicholas' place. First time tried out Wii and Texas Hold'em. It's also the month that I saw my role in the usher ministry beginning to grow as well. What's more, the cg saw a new believer which I wanna thank God for it. The cg is certainly getting closer and more opened to one another.

So what's last year's resolution?

1. Start up my own business
2. Begin investing my own money to somewhere more worthy
3. Grow the cg beyond the current stretch, perhaps beyond +2.
4. I just want to maintain my cap.
5. I want to run more marathons.
6. I want to be caroling guitarist
7. Grow to take care of more sheep.

I certainly still haven't started up my own business, also let alone investmest. The cg is definitely growing. My cap dropped but I dun really care for now. I managed to run more marathons and managed to be the carolling guitarist. I took on Nicholas as a sheep, so considered that as completing #7?

This year...

1. Growing to know the people in the cg more personally and individually.
2. Grow in my ministry.

That's all. That's all cos I think it's enough for me this year and the rest will just be the blink blink along the way.

One thing that God spoke to me over the past few days:

But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead


The new year is a chance for all of us to strain towards what is ahead. We can be assured that our past is being forgiven and therefore we can move ahead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity