Called and worthy

Today officially ended the birthday celebration season for myself. Yes, it may sound weird but today the CLM group celebrated my birthday, a bit belated, and guannie's as well. Last night, the cg gave me a picture collage jigsaw for my birthday gift. What actually struck me most was the affirmations given to me by my cg and the CLM.

I must admit, that I was truly humbled by their sharings. Indeed, when I read my own blog, I myself got quite amazed by the transformation of values over these 3 years. Benaiah said that I changed from making candle to making disciples. I appreciate that one. In fact, the significance of that word was really a testimony of what God has done in my own life. I was just reading the notes written on the book that Claramae and Qiaoping gave me a few years back by the name of 'I kissed dating goodbye'. Now come to think of it, the change was really evident. I know I myself had made decisions that under normal circumstances that I will not make. Jiadai perhaps had a point when she talked about my sacrifices from my participation in politics and other events and other stuffs such as NOC. Indeed, God became and still is the centre of my decision making.

I was just reading another book and it was talking about this verse: As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. (Eph 4:1). A life worthy of the calling. It spoke to me. All these while, it was a desire to want to live a life worthy of the calling. You see, God called all of us, as believers, we are the called. This is something that I dun normally understand. The word says clearly in Matt 6:33 that seek first His Kingdom and righteousness and all these things will be given to us as well. I may be a bit harsh here but I wonder sometimes, that what we are thinking when we proclaim Christ as our Lord and Saviour and yet dun do anything about it. If we believe God to be Lord of our lives, then why are we not living a life worthy of this calling and yet hold on to our former lives or lives of worldly values? Why are we not devoting ourselves fully to the Lord? Why dun we, as Nike would put it, just do it?

I think I may have been saying this all my life, but I know why God is able to transform me. When you give yourselves fully to the Lord, who would not be transformed by God Himself?

Comments

  1. When you give yourselves fully to the Lord, who would not be transformed by God Himself?
    Dear bro, yeah and amen! :) yes, let's keep exhorting and spurring one another on to give our utmost for Jesus... if Christ really is the Lord of all, then we should give Him our very all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection