Friends and such

Yesterday while I was having an outing with my army friends, one of them said something that provoked me to think about things.

He said that he was just casually catching up with one of the gang and found out that he kena cancer and was undergoing treatment. That stunned him and caused him to start messaging everyone to find out how they are doing, and I am one of them. I was touched by that comment. It caused me to think a bit. He is not a believer, and he is not exactly flawless. But one thing that caused me to admire about this guy is that he is super loyal. He even promised to help me keep a lookout for jobs.

I just wonder how many people in church are able to be such a friend to one another. The bible teaches a lot about how we treat friends, but do we actually practise it? Do we show concern to people whom we have not been in touch for a long time? Do we keep within our own holy comfort zone and cuddle in our own holy lovey fellowship?

This is some food for thoughts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection