Wonderous



Who compares to You?
Who set the stars in their place?
You who calmed the raging seas
That came crashing over me

Who compares to You?
You who bring the morning light
The hope of all the earth
Is rest assured in Your great love

You are magnificent, eternally
Wonderful, glorious
Jesus
No one ever will compare to You
Jesus

Where the evening fades
You call forth songs of joy
As the morning wakes
We Your children give You praise


According to Ravi Zacharias, it is that possession of the mind that enchants the emotions while never surrendering reason. It is a grasp on reality that does not need constant high points in order to be maintained, nor is it made vulnerable by the low points of life's struggle. It sees in the ordinary the extraordinary, and it finds in the extraordinary the reaffirmation for what it already knows. It clasps the spiritual soul and is felt in the material body. It interprets life through the eyes of eternity while enjoying the moment, but never let the momentary vision exhaust the eternal. It makes life's enchantment real and knows when and where enchantment must lie. It knows how to read the shadows because it knows the nature of light. It knows that while you cannot look at the light you cannot look at anything else without it. It is not exhausted by childhood but finds its key there. It is a journey like a walk through the woods, over the usual obstacles and around the common distractions, while the voice of direction leads, saying, "this is the way, walk in it".

I was thinking about what Ravi said and the song 'Magnificent' comes to mind. I remember one week after I received Christ, I went up to Genting for some trip. Upon arriving the 'mountain top', I took a deep breath and marvelled at God's creation for the first time in my life. I was able to see God's handiwork in that climate of Genting. I was awed by wonder. I remember sometime later, I had a night cycling and was at East Coast Park in the morning, and I saw the sunrise... and again I was awed by the wonders of creation. I remember Chi, the little kitty which me and YZ picked up, and the maturing of that young life again awed me with wonder.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.


I am thinking, perhaps God's people need to sit down and just marvel at the wonders of God. Allow creation and nature to tell us how small we are. The revelation of how small we are can perhaps lead us to how great our God is and how much He loves us, the small things of all wonders He created.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity