Invictus (Christ version)

After watching the movie, I took a look at the poem. Although I agree that the story and the poem is inspiring, I thought I might want to try modifying the poem so that it can be edifying as well:

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank God for who He is,
For my unworthy soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have winced and cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody and bowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
Cos' Jesus is the master of my fate:
Jesus is the captain of my soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection