Consistency in life

It is surprising that my last bit of research on faith and reason can take such a long time. Probably because I am reading the more chim stuff at this very last end of my research.

Yet, as I think about it, my answer to the question that I posted on facebook and on this blog previously about fideism is probably a biblically grounded one (I hope). An unexamined life is a life not worth living, and a life and faith based on unsound philosophy is one that cannot be lived consistently. That is precisely the reason why I wanted to think and dig deeper into the question of what really is faith in God.

A lot of time, we see people talking too superficially about the word 'faith' and even taking definitions from the bible without considering context. I sometimes jsut wonder how this is livable but I guess if you dun think too much about it, it is actually livable, even if it is philosophically inconsistent.

The word 'consistency' is probably the word that we want to explore in our lives. Basically, everyone wants to live a life that is consistent with reality. And this will be a main theme that I will explore in my upcoming post on faith and reason.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection