More on my own personality

I have taken the DISC and MBTI assessments before. I'm a pure D and an ENTJ/P (tend to fluctuate). I just recently did another assessment , Firo-B, as part of my healthcare 101 course.

The Firo-B is an instrument that focuses on how we are oriented to interpersonal relations and measures interpersonal needs in three areas: Inclusion (relates to forming new relationships and associating with others and determines the extent of contact and prominence that a person seek), Control (relates to decision making, influence and persuasion between people and determines the extent of power or dominance that a person seeks) and Affection (relates to emotional ties and warm connections between people and determines the extent of closeness that a person seeks).

So what are my interpersonal needs from the test? My overall interpersonal needs will show the overall strength of my interpersonal needs and how much I believe that other people and human interaction can help me attain my goals and achieve personal satisfaction. My score in this falls in the high range, suggesting that my involvement with others is enjoyable and satisfying; I work best in a group interacting with others; I like to work on teams and to solve problems through discussion; I prefer to be with others and have plenty of social interaction; I consider myself to be an extrovert. I find this mostly accurate, or rather, it describes me. Reflecting this a little, I do derive energy from working in team, though there are somethings which I prefer to work alone. But I certainly can't live without people and interaction with people is extremely important for me.

My total expressed behaviour indicates how often I take initiative in approaching others to fulfill the three basic interpersonal needs. In general, it shows how comfortable I am being proactive. It's in the high range, which suggests that I enjoy initiating behaviour with others and take action easily and find social settings a great opportunity for expressing myself. My total wanted behaviour indicates how much I rely on others to get what I need. It's in the high range, which suggests that I rely quite a bit on others and feel comfortable about accepting behaviours from others.

Based on other analysis from the report:
  1. I include others and like to be included
  2. I enjoy the opportunity to provide input
  3. I dun like to get cut off from information and updates
  4. I seek recognition and endorsement from colleagues and superiors
  5. I do not make much distinction between work and social gathering
  6. I organise social activities with my business associates
  7. I withdraw first if I sense a possibility of being rejected by others
  8. I may enjoy taking control and being recognised
  9. I may be uncomfortable delegating responsibility
  10. I can be very competitive and demand perfection from others
  11. I set high goals for myself and others
  12. I want autonomy to do the job myself
  13. I may believe I can extend my abilities into almost any new area
  14. I may veto decisions I've asked others to make
  15. I am friendly, open and optimistic
  16. I value trustworthiness
  17. I may have difficulty turning others away or controlling interruptions at work
  18. I prefer to motivate others by praise and support and are best motivated in the same way
  19. I may enjoy resolving conflicts and negotiating
  20. I may feel sad when group projects involving regular contact with colleagues end
The scores also suggested that I will be more satisfied with jobs in which:
  1. I have a lot of opportunities to interact with others
  2. There are many pathways for achieving recognition and status
  3. The organisation tries to involve its employees in decision making
  4. The organisation rewards teamwork
  5. There is clear ownership of tasks and processes
  6. Advancement is based on skill and competency
  7. The goals and strategies of the work unit are clearly defined
  8. Meeting standards and maintaining consistency are rewarded
  9. The organisational climate is characterised by warmth and personal interest in employees
  10. Encouragement and cooperation are welcomed by and freely exchanged between employees
  11. The organisation tries to make the workplace a home away from home
  12. The organisation attempts to be flexible and to support the personal lives of the employees
The scores also suggest I will strive to be a leader who:
  1. focuses on developing human resources
  2. strives to increase and maintain employee satisfaction
  3. encourages and supports others
  4. minimises conflict
  5. gains legitimacy through personal commitment and loyalty
  6. enjoys being liked and warmly regarded by followers
  7. wants to serve and nurture
  8. reassures and makes others comfortable
  9. invites feedback
  10. reveres honest communication
While I will leave it up to people to judge if I am really this kind of person, I would just want to make a short mental question on how will I be like if I had not known Christ? Would the score or my interpersonal needs be different?

Knowing myself, I think I would.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity