Where is thy loyalty

Yesterday was an event which I have been asked to attend... In the email that was being sent out, it was stated that we are expected to turn up to support the candidates. After that, there was an email sent out by the members (some self-congratulatory comments)

Yesterday was also the Q3 usher retreat. As always, this posits a dichotomy in my life. On one hand, I am involved in the other activities in Singapore, though I should not be too involved due to my occupation, I am also heavily involved in church ministry. But honestly speaking, the choices that I made will make no sense to secular people who do not understand where I am coming from.

I mentioned once and I will like to mention again that I am 24-hour minister for God. Of course ministry can and should happen outside of church setting, but I have made a conscious decision to be involved more in church ministry, discipling people towards the KOG. Therefore, it can be said that the event yesterday was worth rubbish at best to me. Why should I be wasting time at an event, where the result and outcome was already apparent and I am there just to show face and be a 'yes man'? I am not criticising them in any way but the point I want to make is that I have better things to do - to go for my final few usher retreat is perhaps more important than a stupid event where I know no one and everyone comes with different motives.

Eventually, I have to ask myself where my loyalty lies when the time comes to make a choice between two events which clash and I made the decision. No one can serve two masters, and such an event dun have the enough 'gusto' to lure me away from my Master.

Afternote: after posting this blog, apparently some people really google search for the name of the event and saw this post as very uncomforting. And I have been asked to modify the comments in this blog post so that it will cause any inconvenience to anyone. I have happily taken down the name of the organisation that I mentioned in this post and the name of the event.

Last note: I do not know that people are really so free to google search their own events... for what purpose? And I wonder what will happen to me in the organisation if I had not agreed to take down the post? I wonder if the person who called me really comprehend what she is reading in this post?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection