New Year Resolutions Part 3

Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. - Gal 5:25
 The context of this verse is Paul telling the Galatian Church about the law and life by the Spirit, that if we are led by the Spirit, we are not under the law.

And this is the verse that I received from God as I was praying for 2011. He impressed upon me that this year is a year of Spirit-leadership. What do we mean by that? You see, last year, my three resolutions can be summed up in a word, 'growth' and indeed there was growth. But even in terms of serving, gaining skills and knowledge, one can do so without being led by the Spirit and walking/keeping in step with Him. I was asking myself, so what now since I managed to achieve all my resolutions in 2010? I want to continue to grow in capacity, grow in knowledge and skill, grow in character, grow in service etc. So what?

And the best way is really to follow the leadership of the Holy Spirit. We can live sound-mindedly but we also need to be led by the Spirit! By following the direction of the Holy Spirit, I know He will point me to where I should be serving, how I should be discipling, what I should be learning etc. It can't go wrong, right?

So not only this is the year of sound mindedness, but this must also be a year of Spirit-leadership. It was all confirmed when Ps Jeff preached about whole city whole world and I felt that all are in line with what I am doing now. We must be led and not quench the Spirit as we live by Him.

These are food for thought over in Chiang Mai

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection