Commitments

While I was reflecting on certain issues just now, I remembered how some people commented that I seem to be everywhere all the time, or that I seem to be able to cope well with all the things I am going through currently - to be actively involved in church ministry and other stuff such as grassroot activities and political activities. I do have to qualify though that it sometimes take a bit of sacrifice on my part to compromise on some part of my life. I don't get to be engaged in all these activities at all times, and sometimes I have to make a choice. As mentioned before, I tend to give up my grassroot and political involvements to focus more on church ministry, for this is where I felt that more eternal impact could be made.

And I do remember God spoke to me once from the parable of the pearl:
“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." - Matthew 13:45-46
I was reminded that I have found fine pearl of great value and it is worth my sacrifice of other things in my life. This is a fact of life and this prompted me to be more committed to my own church ministry, ministering to people and leading God's flock. I seem to be able to cope well because I know where my priorities are. That doesn't mean, of course, I give up other things totally. I am still helping out with the campaigning for PAP this time round in Bukit Panjang. After the election, most likely I would want to get back to be more involved as well, since I need to better use my time.

So it is not exactly a rocket science to be committed to something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection