Post Conference Thoughts Part 2

I was just thinking whether I want to share this but in any case, I just felt prompted to blog this down. It is not as if this is something secret as I have already shared a little bit of these inner turmoil with my LG sometimes back.

To recap, I think I was very impacted by the recent WCWM conference at Indoor Stadium. God spoke a lot to me, strengthened my conviction and made clear His directions. What I have never shared is that that was also one of most emotionally turbulent conference I have ever attended and the most difficult one in terms of having focus and concentration.

Firstly, it is the first time I went into a conference leading a group of 14... though not all of them are around at any one time but it was a matter of coordination. Last year, I only needed to consider 2 folks and that by itself was another challenge on its own. This is not anyone's fault but the experience of leading such a large LG was just stretching me at that moment. Just to add that I am getting used to this already... though it may be time to think about succession planning.

Secondly, and that is one of the main reason (the first one was a peripheral one) was that I was heavily distracted by some issues with another person (of course by virtue of confidentiality, I will not reveal the identity) but this affected my concentration and focus throughout the whole conference, though I think I have not made it very obvious at the start. I am grateful that whatever happened during that period of time is turning out fine and leading to some breakthroughs, but back then, it was tough....

Just want to blog down some thoughts about this back then. I am unable to provide more details beyond in this space, but well, just blog anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity