EJ160E



For those who are not aware, I recently broke the guitar that Shuyi lent me sometime back. I had been using the guitar for some time and upon breaking the guitar, I realised how much I like that model. It's an Epiphone EJ160E, supposedly Epiphone's remodeling of Gibson's J160E, which was the first electric acoustic guitar supposedly in the market and the one which John Lennon used when he first started performing. 

The guitar is bigger than most acoustic guitar that I know and at retail price, is more expensive than the Timothy that was used for the Uni-YA service. In my opinion, it sounds better than Timothy too. It has a natural amplification and the sound produced is generally sharp and crisp, much to my liking. 

So I bought over the broken guitar from Shuyi, and decided to get the replacement EJ160E over eBay. I managed to find a supplier who was able to ship the good to Singapore. This one shown in this post is the replacement. It costs me around SGD 750, after shipping cost (retail price at Swee Lee is around $2000). This is a second hand guitar but man, I think its previous owner took good care of it. What's best is that it has no defect (the previous one has a slight manufacturing defect). 

This baby is gonna make its debut soon this coming Saturday during Robert's church wedding... Next hunt, maybe a Variax?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection